- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh horseradish
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Combine first four ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir well. Add water.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vinegar, butter, and horseradish.
- Gradually stir about one fourth of hot mixture into the yolks; and to remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Makes 1 1/2 cups