- 2 pounds of good quality pork tenderloin or lean pork chops
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider or water if preferred
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- First make some Irish Potato Stuffing (See recipe below)
- Rub meat with salt, pepper and butter.
- Pour cider or water into 3 quart casserole dish.
- Place stuffing in dish.
- Place meat in dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours or using a meat thermometer the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees. We use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer Click Here
- Remove from oven, tent with aluminum foil and allow to rest for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with the stuffing and fresh cooked vegetables.
Irish Potato Stuffing
Makes 6 portions of stuffing
- 4.5 large potatoes, boiled or steamed and
- Coarsely mashed, not overcooked
- Large portion of butter
- 1 large onion
- 2 large cooking apples, chopped
- Good handful of herbs: chopped fresh sage and thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Add the butter to the potato. Chop the onion well
- And add to the mixture. Stir in the apples, herbs
- Salt and pepper. Stir well. Cook with chosen meat.