- 1 1/2 cups rice flour (or buy premixed flour)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Grease 9 inch round cake pan
- Combine rice flour, tapioca flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, caraway seeds and raisins in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into the cake pan.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and let stand overnight for the best flavor.