- 1 package 12 oz. Jumbo Shells
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can 14 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 1 can 6 oz. tomato paste 1 tablespoon beef-flavored instant bouillon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 container 15oz ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- Prepare shells according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, brown meat; pour off fat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, tomato paste, bouillon and Italian seasoning.
- Cover; simmer 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, parsley and eggs.
- Stuff pasta with cheese mixture; arrange in 13 x 9 inch baking pan, overlapping slightly.
- Pour sauce over pasta; top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover; bake 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Uncover; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 – 8 servings
Serve with a fresh salad, a good crusty bread and your favorite wine