Submitted by Katiewits
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ½ lb. ground pork
- ½ lb. ground veal
- 1 cup plain bread crumps
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ cup ketchup
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except ketchup. Using your hands knead the ingredients until they are completely mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰
- Spread meatloaf ingredients into an ungreased 9”x5”x3” loaf pan. Spread ketchup over the entire top of the meatloaf and bake uncovered about 1 ½ hours or until no longer pink in middle.
- Remove loaf from oven and allow to cool for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove meatloaf from pan and plate.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately. Place left-overs in refrigerator and serve cold for sandwiches.
You may want to place loaf pan onto an old cookie sheet because of the possibility of grease bubbling over. This will certainly save you a clean-up later.
We used the 9″ x 5″ glass loaf pan from Anchor Hocking. Their oven and microwave safe and do not have the worries of non-stick surfaced pans.