- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime flavored Jell-O® mix
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Combine cake mix, gelatin mix, oil, eggs and orange juice. Pour into three 8 inch cake pans. Bake according to instructions on box.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Frost the top of the bottom and middle layers then carefully place on top of one another.
- Frost all three layers
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add lime juice and confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix well.