If your kids are having a sleep over, a birthday party or just friends for an afternoon and you’re wondering what to serve for eats? Try smiley faced pizzas. They’re easy, taste good and the kids can use their imaginations to design their own custom pizzas. Kathy’s been making these with our grandkids for years and they never seem to get bored
Kids Smiley Faced Pizzas
- 1 – 8” pre-made pizza crusts
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of your favorite pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni (enough to make faces)
- Move oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 425⁰ F.
- Lay out Boboli pizza crust and spread 2 – 3 tablespoons pizza sauce evenly over pizza crust.
- Cover pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- Place pepperoni on cheese to make faces or any images your imagination comes up with.
- Carefully place completed pizzas on the middle rack and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and starting to bubble.
- Remove pizzas from oven and allow to cool before serving to kids.
Most of the time we use pepperoni to make the faces, but we have substituted bell peppers, mushroom slices, and olive slices. You can use any toppings that you like to eat to make your faces.
If it’s a hot day and you don’t want to heat up the kitchen the pizza can be cook on the barbecue