- 1kg Lamb, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. Margarine
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 cup Carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups Onions (chopped)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 3 cups Water
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/4 cup Matzo Meal
- 1/4 cup Tomato Puree
- Wash the lamb pieces thoroughly and place it on a tray. Rub the lamb with salt and pepper. Now cover in matzo meal.
- Heat a pan and add olive oil. Now tip in the lamb and sauté it for a few minutes or until soft. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the margarine to remaining oil in the pan. Add the onions and brown them or until they are translucent.
- Now add the sliced carrots and stir continuously. Add the cooked lamb meat to the pan.
- Add bay leaves, salt and pepper. Dissolve the beef stock cube in little water and add it into the mixture.
- Pour in the tomato purée and cook for an hour or until thick on low heat. Keep checking the stew after every 20 minutes.
Serve hot with chopped parsley garnishing.