- 5 to 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 lb. uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup whipping cream
- In a bowl, cover shiitakes with 1 ½ cups boiling water. Let stand 30 minutes to rehydrate. Drain mushrooms, reserving water.
- Chop the mushrooms and place between paper towels to dry.
- Prepare linguine according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute or until fragrant but not brown.
- Carefully add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add mushroom water and reduce again by half.
- When the water level gets low, turn heat down significantly.
- Add mushrooms and cream and reduce until desired consistency.
- Add cooked linguine, toss to coat.
Serve with warm crusty bread