- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
Lobster Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 2 quarts water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 lobsters (about 1 1/4 pounds each, steamed and cut in half lengthwise)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly butter a casserole dish.
- For the breadcrumbs melt butter in a saucepan. Toss in breadcrumbs and add salt. Lightly toast, remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large pot, bring 2 quarts of water with 2 teaspoons of salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain the pasta and add it to the prepared casserole dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour slowly and cook until shiny. Whisk in the milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until creamy, smooth and thick. Whisk in cheese and nutmeg and mustard until combined. Pour cheese sauce over the pasta. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- When ready to serve, top with cracked lobsters and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here