- 1 lumpia wrappers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 quart oil for frying
- Make sure the lumpia wrappers are completely thawed. Lay several out on a clean dry surface and cover with a damp towel. The wrappers are very thin and the edges will dry out quickly.
- In a medium bowl, blend together the ground beef and pork, onion, green pepper and carrot. Place about 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture along the center of the wrapper.
- The filling should be no bigger around than your thumb or the wrapper will burn before the meat is cooked.
- Fold one edge of the wrapper over to the other. Fold the outer edges in slightly, then continue to roll into a cylinder.
- Wet your finger, and moisten the edge to seal. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling, keeping finished lumpias covered to prevent drying.
- Heat oil in a 9 inch skillet at medium to medium high heat until oil is 365 to 375⁰ F.
- Fry 3-4 lumpia at a time. It should only take about 2-3 minutes for each side.
- The lumpia will be nicely browned when done.
- Drain on paper towels.
We used Red Rose Spring Roll Wrappers