The Melted Snowman cookie is based on the Sugar Cookie Recipe and is decorated to resemble a melting snowman.
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 bag of marshmallow’s
- In a large mixing bowl combine powdered sugar, softened butter, egg, vanilla and almond extract. Mix in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Cover with a dish towel and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Heat oven to 375⁰. Divide dough into halves. Roll each half ⅛ to ¼ inch thick on lightly floured cloth-covered board.
- Cut cookies into large round shapes, then place on lightly greased sheet. Bake until edges are light brown, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool. After cooling, frost cookies using Powdered sugar frosting recipe below but do not cover the entire cookie with frosting. You want it to look like it’s melting across the cookie.
- Spread bottom of marshmallows with icing then while frosted cookie is still wet place marshmallow onto cookie as head of snowman. Allow the frosting to set up gluing marshmallow to cookie
- Use “Cake Mate” writing gel for the eyes and buttons or a similar brand of eatable decorating gel.
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
Mix powdered sugar and milk stirring rapidly until silky. (If necessary very slowly add extra milk).
Remember , when rolling out the dough the thinner you roll it, the crisper the cookies.