- 6 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 (12 ounce) bags semisweet chocolate chips
- Cocoa powder, for servings
- For stovetop; in a large pot over medium heat, whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Add chocolate chips. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cover and turn heat to low for 5 minutes.
- For slow cooker; In a 4 quart slow cooker, whisk together milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg. Add chocolate chips. Cover and cook on LOW setting for 2 to 3 hours, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with a dusting of cocoa powder.
Use a cinnamon stick as a stir stick
Makes 8 servings
To keep drinks hot we use Double Walled Insulated Glass Mugs Click Here