I’m not a big fan of microwaving, but in my opinion pork is one of the few meats that microwaves treat well, cooking the fat away and leaving delicious, moist meat. If you’re in a hurry give this a try.
Microwaved Pork Butt Roast
- 1 – 3 lb. butt end pork roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard (brown or yellow)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (or honey, sugar, corn syrup or molasses)
- Mix garlic, mustard and sweetener. Spread over roast.
- Place roast on a microwave safe rack in covered pan in microwave.
- Roast at Medium about 30 minutes, till juices run clear.
- Allow roast to rest 10 minutes before carving
Serve with a baked potato and salad.