For the cookies:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the cookie shots:
- 1 cup dark-chocolate candy melts
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the molds of a popover pan. We use Nordic Ware Grand Popover Pan Click Here
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and brown and granulated sugars.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour and salt, and mix until completely incorporated.
- Add the mini chocolate chips, and mix together until evenly distributed. The dough should be a little crumbly at this point.
- Form the cookie shots inside the molds, making the walls of the cookie shot about 1/4 inch thick. Chill for 20 to 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies just start to brown. Remove from the oven, and let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate candy melts, and then pour the melted chocolate into the well of each cookie. Let it sit for a minute, and then pour the excess chocolate back into the pan.
- Chill cookie shots until the chocolate has set.
- Mix together milk and vanilla extract, and serve inside each cookie shot.