- Non stick cooking spray
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 4 medium cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 lb. ground beef (85% lean)
- 3 large eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup chili sauce, such as Heinz
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the oven to 400°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pulse the onion, parsley, bacon, and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and boiling water, stirring to combine. Add the onion mixture, beef, eggs, 1-1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper and mix well by hand.
- Shape the mixture into 4 small loaves pans (about 5×3 inches). We use Wilton Mini Loaf Pans Click Here
- Brush 1/2 cup of the chili sauce over the top, and bake until cooked through (165°F on a meat thermometer), about 20 minutes. We use the Chef Remi Cooking Thermometer Click Here