- 1 ounce passion fruit puree
- 1/2 ounce dark rum
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 4 ounces champagne
- Rose petal, for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- Put the passion fruit puree, rum and Simple Syrup in a cocktail shaker, add large ice cubes, shake vigorously, double-strain into a champagne flute and top with the champagne.
- Use a bar spoon to slowly pull from the bottom to mix throughout. Garnish with a rose petal.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Keep covered in the refrigerator up to 1 month.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups