- 1 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, crushed.
- ½ cup drained Kalamata olives, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pickled cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped carrot
- ½ cup pepperoncini, drained
- ¼cup marinated cocktail onions
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¾teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 – 1 lb. round loaves Italian Bread
- 8 ounces slice Genoa salami
- 8 ounces sliced cooked ham
- 8 ounces sliced mortadella
- 8 ounces sliced mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- Combine the green olives, Kalamata olives, garlic, cauliflower, capers, celery, carrot, pepperoncini, cocktail onions, celery seed, oregano, basil, black pepper, vinegar, olive oil and canola oil. Mix together and store in a glass jar. Make sure mixture is completely covered by oil. If necessary add twice as much olive oil as canola oil until mixture is completely covered by oil. Cover jar and refrigerate at least overnight.
- Cut loaves of bread in half horizontally; hollow out some of the interior of the bread to make room for filling. Spread each piece of bread with equal amounts olive oil salad, including oil. Layer bottom half of each loaf with ½ of the salami, ham, mortadella, mozzarella and Provolone. Cover with top half on each loaf and cut sandwich into quarters.
- Serve immediately, or wrap tightly and refrigerate for a few hours; this will allow for the flavors to mingle and the olive salad to soak into the bread.