- 1/4 c. of your favorite chocolate syrup
- 8-10 oz. club soda
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream from store bought can
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream from store bought can
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1 frosted 12-16 oz. glass (stick in freezer for a few minutes)
- 1 Iced tea spoon
- 1 straw
- 1 small plate (optional- but keeps the mess under control)
- Add the chocolate syrup and 2 tablespoons whipped cream to your frosted glass. Take your iced tea spoon and mix up the syrup and whipped cream. You want to make it smooth with no lumps. Use this time to scrape the chocolate syrup off the side of the glass. It makes for a better looking drink and uses all the chocolate
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, add 8-10 oz. of club soda. You want about an inch or so from the top of the glass so you don’t make mess when adding the ice cream. Unless you like messes…
- Vigorously stir the chocolate mix and club soda until color is even. There will be a nice foam on the top. It adds to the presentation and texture of the drink.
- Scoop out a fair sized scoop of ice cream – about 4 oz. Carefully place the scoop into the glass. You want it pushed down about a quarter of the diameter of the scoop.
- Add the garnish of whip cream and cherry.
- Place your lovely creation on a plate and serve with a straw and long handled spoon. We serve with 8.8 inch Bistro Ice Cream Spoons Click Here
Use as thick a glass as possible if you want the glass to stay frosty.