- 1 venison roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 7 medium carrots, quartered
- 5 small onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cut 10 deep slits in roast; place a garlic clove in each slit.
- Combine the rosemary, 1 teaspoon onion powder, garlic powder and thyme; rub over entire roast. Cover; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add 1/2 in. of water to a roasting pan.
- Place the roast, carrots and onions in pan.
- Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or meat is tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Strain drippings into a measuring cup.
- In a large saucepan, combine 3 cups drippings, bouillon, browning sauce and remaining onion powder.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into drippings.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
Makes 8 servings.
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here