Makes 4 servings. Prep time 10 minutes. Cook time 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Cod fillets 4 to 6 ounces each, fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 pound trimmed fresh asparagus
- In a small bowl, mix parsley, olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450⁰
- Take a 9 x 13 inch oven proof dish and coat with food spray then place asparagus into it. Spoon 2/3 of parsley mixture onto asparagus.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Cod fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Place fillets on top of asparagus. Sprinkle cod with remaining parsley mixture. Roast, uncovered 20 to 25 minutes for frozen fillets or 15 to 20 minutes for fresh/thawed fish.
- Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.