- 2 lbs. baby Yukon Gold potatoes scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 400⁰.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes. Boil potatoes until barely tender when pricked with a fork, about 5 minutes, then drain them completely and spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add carrots, drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and gently toss to coat evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add thyme and butter; gently toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature.