- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- Preheat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add butter and allow to melt, stir in the olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add minced garlic in butter oil mixture and cook for a minute, but do not brown.
- Add asparagus, and cook for 10 minutes, turning asparagus often to ensure even cooking.
Rather than cutting the ends off the Asparagus try bending them until they break naturally. Asparagus will break where it’s most tender eliminating the hard ends.