- 1 cup one – grain rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth,
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place rice in a bowl and cover with cold water. Let stand 30 minutes, then drain in a colander.
- Heat oil and salt in wok.
- Add rice and cook, stirring until grains are coated with oil. Pour in heated broth and water.
- Add paprika and pepper. Stir to blend. Bring to a full boil.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice is tender and almost all liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove wok from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until all liquid has been absorbed.
Makes 4 to 6 servings