- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fillings of choice (see suggestions for fillings at bottom of page)
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Mix cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add flour 1 cup at a time and mix well. Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out dough 1/4-inch on a surface that has been dusted with equal parts confectioners’ and granulated sugars (not flour), because the granulated sugar will act as ball bearings and help keep the dough from sticking. Cut into 2-inch squares. Place 1/2 to 1 teaspoon filling on center of each square. Overlap opposite corners of dough to the center over filling.
- Bake for 15 minutes or when corners start to brown. Cool on wire rack. We use Surpahs Stainless Steal 3 Tier Stackable Cooling Rack Set Click Here
- These tend to become soggy if held for several days, so store them tightly covered (or freeze) without the confectioners’ sugar. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just prior to service.
Here are some ideas for fillings apricot, raspberry, prune, sweet cheese, almond, poppyseed, strawberry, blueberry, pineapple or what ever you like.