I came across this great pork chop recipe that my mom use to make. I think she originally found it in the Taste of Home magazine, but regardless to where it came from, it’s a winner. Give it a try and I think you will agree.
Makes 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- 14 ½ ounces chicken broth
- 6 rib or loin pork chops (¾ inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cups thinly sliced and peeled potatoes (about 4 lbs.)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Paprika and chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken broth; cook and stir constantly until mixture boils. Cook for 1 minute; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a skillet, brown pork chops in canola oil; season to taste with additional salt and pepper if desired.
- In a greased 13” x 9” x 2” baking dish, layer potatoes and onion. Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake at 350⁰ for 1 hour; uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. If desired. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.