- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled &, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Arrange and overlap potato slices in a greased 8 inch pie plate.
- Melt butter in a skillet and stir in salt; drizzle over potatoes.
- Cover plate tightly with foil& bake in preheated 425⁰ oven for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 55 minutes or until potatoes are very tender& crusty; let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, carefully loosen the potatoes from the pie plate& place an inverted serving plate over the potatoes; holding both plates, invert and unmold, then cut into wedges.