- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 tbsp. kosher or coarse salt
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (found in spice section)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 boneless pork butt, about 3 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- Package plain soft white rolls or other bread
- Mix brown sugar and dry spices together in a small bowl. Rub all over pork, cover, and let sit in the refrigerator for as long as you have time for (as little as 1 hour or up to overnight).
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lay pork on a rack insert fitted inside a roasting pan. (The rack should be high enough so the entire spiced butt is sitting above the cooking liquid.) Pour in apple juice and water, cover pan tightly with foil, and slow roast for 5 hours. Remove foil and cook for another 30 minutes, until pork is brown outside and meat is very tender, basically falling apart.
- Remove from oven, transfer to large platter, and allow meat to rest for about 10 minutes. While still warm, shred pork into small pieces using 2 forks or 10 fingers. Transfer to bowl for serving, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. To reheat, just transfer to shallow baking dish, bring to room temperature, (the pork can be served at room temperature) and place in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Sandwich between rolls and serve with your favorite BBQ or hot sauce or mustard and you’ll be set to enjoy this delicious sandwich.
Whether shredding beef, chicken or pork it becomes much easier if you work with the right tools. This offer includes Silicone BBQ/Cooking Gloves, Bear Claw Meat Shredders Plus 1 Silicone Basting Brush. To look at this fantastic offer Click Here