- 3 cups all – purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, very, very soft, almost melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 – 16 ounce can of pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray four mini-loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a wire whisk attached, dump in the sugar.
- Take the butter and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, so that it is half melted. Place into bowl with the sugar. Add the eggs. Cream the three ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
- In three batches, add the dry ingredients and mix gently until each batch is just incorporated. Scrape the sides between each batch.
- Pour half of the batter into one of the prepared pans. Fold the pecans into the remaining batter and then pour it into the other prepared pan. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean and the top of the loaves are Golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove loaves from pans and place on wire rack to cool completely.
Makes four loaves of pumpkin bread
We used Chicago Metallic Commercial II non-stick mini loaf pans. These pans are the ideal size if you want to make gift loafs.
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here