Pumpkin Honey Spice Cookies
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon guar gum powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ⅔ Cup dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease or line with parchment paper 3 cookie sheets.
- In a bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- On a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer, cream together honey and butter.
- Beat in pumpkin and egg (mixture will look curdled, but will smooth out when dry ingredients are added).
- On low speed, mix in dry ingredients until blended; mix in pecans and cranberries.
- Drop tablespoons of dough onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 inch between them.
- Bake 15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool on pan 5 minutes; with spatula, transfer to wire rack and cool completely. We use Surpahs 3 Tier SS Cooling Racks Click Here
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
To safely handle hot pans we use KitchenReady Oven Gloves Click Here