- 2 cups Whole Milk (or milk type of your choosing)
- 3 ounces sweetened Mexican Chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground Allspice
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Optional: Whipped Cream to top
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, Mexican chocolate, Dutch-processed chocolate, ancho chile, brown sugar, allspice, cinnamon and salt over medium-low heat.
- Stir/whisk frequently to combine and ensure the milk does not burn. Note: whisking helps to incorporate the powdered chocolate.
- Continue to stir mixture often until the Mexican chocolate is melted.
- Whisk to fully combine the hot chocolate.
- Lower heat to lowest setting.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Allow to sit on the low heat for 3-5 minutes for the flavors to fully blend.
- Serve immediately.
Try using Double Wall Insulated Glass Mugs for your Hot Chocolate Click Here