- ¾ cup water, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- ⅛ Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 green onion top, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat ¼ cup water over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Don’t let onion dry out.
- Add remaining water, pumpkin, broth, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the milk and cook until hot. Don’t boil.
- Ladle soup into warmed bowls and garnish with black pepper and green onion tops.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings