- 4 (3 oz.) packages of Ramen Noodles (noodles only)
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (8 oz.) package (2 cups) sharp cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add noodles. Boil 1 minute, or 1 minute 15 seconds. (Trust me).
- Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Spray a little oil and toss them around with your hands breaking them up. (I left them right in the colander.)
- Heat butter in a large saucepan on medium heat and add flour to make a roux. Cook about a minute.
- Pour in the milk and cook until it becomes frothy and thick, stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually add cheese.
- Add salt and stir until cheese is melted.
- Increase heat to medium to medium/low and add noodles. Cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Add milk a Tbsp. at a time if you want the sauce to be looser.
Makes 4 servings
We used Maruchan Ramen Noodles – To buy multi-pac Click Here