2 tablespoons cornstarch.
1 1/2 cup sugar.
1 tablespoons lemon juice.
4 cup raspberries, picked over, rinsed and drained well.
1 cup flour.
1 teaspoons baking powder.
1/2 teaspoons salt.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold, cut into bits.
Vanilla ice cream. (optional)
- In a large bowl, stir together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water until cornstarch is completely dissolved. iron skillet.
- In a bowl, combine flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to mix completely.
- Blend in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 1/4 cup boiling water and stir the mixture until it just forms a dough.
- Bring the raspberry mixture to a boil on top of the stove, stirring.
- Drop spoonful’s of the dough carefully onto the boiling mixture.
- Move mixture to a foil lined baking sheet, bake in the middle of a 400⁰F oven for 20-25 minutes or until the topping is golden.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.