Crock Pot Cooking
Red Clam Sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Serve with your favorite spaghetti or linguine
- In a small skillet, sauté onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2- or 2-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the clams, tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, bay leaf, sugar, basil and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over your favorite spaghetti or linguine pasta prepared per package directions.
Goes well with a fresh salad, hard crusted bread and your favorite wine
Makes 4 servings.