- 2 cups red velvet cake mix
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- Nonstick cooking spray (for cooking pancakes)
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix with the butter, egg and milk, working out limps with the whisk to make sure the batter is smooth.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over high heat. When the skillet is hot, lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and reduce heat to low (to prevent the pancakes from becoming too dark).
- Working in batches, ladle the batter into the skillet and cook until bubbles begin to rise from the center of the pancakes, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes more. Remove the cakes to a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm.
Cream cheese Icing
- 6 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- Using s whisk or hand mixer, combine cream cheese with sugar cream and vanilla
Stack pancakes onto plate and top generously with icing.