- 1 lb. of your favorite dry rigatoni
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
- 28 oz. can peeled San Marsano tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper coarsely ground
- 7 oz. Mozzarella di Bufala Campana, drained and cut into 1/2 “cubes
- 5 oz. baby arugula (set aside a few leafs for garnish)
- 3 oz. thinly sliced pancetta, cooked crisp
- Pecorino Romano, grated
- In a large stockpot, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al Dente
- In a sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic; sauté until slightly golden (1 – 2 minutes).
- Add tomatoes; increase heat to medium and cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large serving bowl, toss hot drained pasta with warm sauce
- Add mozzarella and arugula. Tossing gently.
- Garnish with pancetta, pecorino Romano, pepper and the few set aside leafs of arugula.
Makes 4 servings
Cook pancetta as you would bacon; drain on paper towels