Submitted by Country Boy Jerry
- 2 Rib eye venison steaks 6 – 8 ounces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon horseradish fresh grated or jarred
- ⅓ Teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Spray a heavy skillet with cooking spray then heat and cook steaks 3 – 4 minutes per side browning steaks. Remove steaks from skillet and keep warm by placing in an oven proof covered dish and placing in a 150⁰oven.
- Add butter and olive oil to skillet, make sure they are blended. Add onion and garlic, sauté until tender, about 5 minutes or until onion is brown and pan juice has almost evaporated. Remove onion with a slotted spoon and hold in reserve.
- Add broth to skillet and cook stirring continually, about 2 minutes or until sauce is reduced. Return onion mixture to skillet. Add horseradish, salt and pepper to skillet. Heat sauce to serving temperature. Spoon over steaks and serve.
An alternative would be to refrigerate Steak and serve on a roll as a cold steak sandwich.