- 2 tbsp. butter
- 8 fresh salmon fillets, skinned
- 2 large scallions, white parts only, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2/3 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tomato, halved, seeded and chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan.
- Season the salmon fillets and cook for 6 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a warm plate, cover and keep hot.
- Add the chopped scallions and cucumber to the butter remaining in the pan. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring, until soft but not colored.
- Put the cornstarch in a cup and stir in about 2 tbsp. of the cream to make a thin paste.
- Add the remaining cream to the pan.
- Stir in the cornstarch paste and the sherry. Heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the chopped basil.
- Add the chopped tomato with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir until the sauce is thoroughly combined.
- Place the salmon fillets on warmed serving plates.
- Spoon the sauce over and serve the fish.
Serve with boiled new potatoes and green beans.