- 1 package (19 ounces) Italian Sausage Links, cut into 1/4″ coins. Your choice whether you use sweet, mild, medium or hot sausage.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh fennel, sliced
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, julienne sliced
- 1/2 sweet yellow pepper, julienne sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, julienne sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- 6 tablespoons cooking sherry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 spaghetti squash
Baking the Spaghetti squash
- Prick the spaghetti squash all over with a metal skewer or fork so it will not burst while baking.
- Place whole squash in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake in preheated 375 F oven for 1 hour.
- When cool enough to handle, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise with a serrated knife.
- Scoop the seeds and fibrous strings from the center of the cooked spaghetti squash.
- Gently scrape the tines of a kitchen fork around the edge of the spaghetti squash to shred the pulp into strands.
Sausage & Peppers
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the fennel, green onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, sausage and three tablespoons sherry; cook and stir until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, stir in remaining sherry.
- Serve hot over spaghetti squash.
Place package of sausage in freezer an hour before slicing. This will help in cutting coins