- 1 lb. Venison Stew chunks, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp. pickling spice (wrapped in cheesecloth)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 carrots cut into coin slices
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 2 red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 – 8oz can tomato sauce
- Spray a nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and quickly brown the chunks on all sides.
- Wrap the pickling spice in cheesecloth and tie with a string.
- Slowly simmer all ingredients for 1 ½ hours or until venison is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Remove cheesecloth wrapped spices before serving.