- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2 1/2 – 3 pounds) boneless top sirloin steak, 1-1 1/2 inches thick
- Combine oil and sesame seeds in a skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until sesame seeds are Golden.
- Combined sesame seeds, onion, soy sauce, lemon juice, sugar, pepper, and garlic in a 13 x 9 x 2″ baking dish. Stir well.
- Add steak, basting with marinade.
- Cover and marinade in refrigerator at least five hours.
- Remove steak for marinate, reserving marinade.
- Grill steak over hot coals 12 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness, basting with marinade
Makes 6 servings