This recipe and picture submitted by Pam Jasper came from Women’s Day magazine
Skillet-Roasted Chicken, Potatoes, and Peppers
- 10 small new yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 small chicken legs, split (4 drumsticks and 4 thighs)
- Kosher salt
- 6 clove(s) garlic, smashed
- 2 small red onions, cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
- 1 large red pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces (you can use green or yellow peppers or a combination of peppers)
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 sprig(s) (small) rosemary, broken into pieces
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut in half; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, skin-side down, until the skin is golden brown and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer skin-side up to a plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon oil to the skillet along with the garlic, onions, red pepper, and chopped rosemary and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the potatoes and carrots, season with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Nestle the chicken in the skillet among the vegetables. Scatter the rosemary sprigs over the top and roast until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are golden brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes.