- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- ⅓ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup chopped green pepper
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a 10 inch skillet with a lid cook and stir ground beef and onion until beef is light brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except buns).
- Cover and cook over low heat just until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Fill buns with beef mixture.
Serve sandwich with potato chips
Note: For saucier Sloppy Joes, use ½ cup ketchup.