- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (1 pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small red onion cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 small red Bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 small yellow Bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 lime wedges (optional)
- Combine paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cumin, Brown sugar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl. Rub 2 tablespoon spice mixture evenly over steak.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add steak to pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- Place steak on cutting board; let stand 10 minutes.
- Cut across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture, onion, and Bell peppers in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange onions and peppers on pan; grill 5 minutes on each side or until evenly charred.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add tortillas to pan; grill 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned.
- Divide steak and Bell pepper mixture evenly among tortillas.
If desired top with chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges .
Goes well with an Avocado and Tomato Salad