- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup diagonally cut green onions
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Heat 2 teaspoons canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper and carrot to pan; sauté 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add orange zest, sugar snap peas, and salt to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer pea mixture to a large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and spinach.
- Pour Sesame Orange dressing (see recipe below) over salad; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Sesame Orange Dressing
- 1 large orange
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot chile sauce (such as Sriracha)
- Grate 1 teaspoon orange zest (set aside for salad prep)
- Squeeze ⅓ cup juice from orange.
- Combine juice, orange zest, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar and chile sauce in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
- In an air tight jar with lid store in the refrigerator