- 1 lb. cooked, peeled shrimp
- 2 ounces bamboo shoots, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ounces split blanched almonds, halved
- 4 ounces snow peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a wok.
- Add the almonds and cook over moderate heat until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- To prepare the snow peas, tear off the stems and pull them downwards to remove any strings. If the snow peas are small, just remove the stalks. Add the snow peas to the hot oil and cook for about 1 minute. Remove and ste aside with the almonds.
- Drain all the oil from the wok and mix together the cornstarch and the remaining ingredients, except the shrimp and bamboo shoots. Pour the mixture into the wok and stir constantly while bringing to the boil. Allow to simmer for 1 – 2 minutes until thickened and cleared.
- Stir in the shrimp and all the other ingredients and heat through for about 1 minute.