- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sweet Butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper, be sure to line up both sides using 2 sheets of parchment. If
you don’t the caramel will be extremely difficult to remove from the sides of the pan. Don’t skip this step. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
- Continue cooking, 25-30 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 244°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Cool completely.
- Cut into 1/2-inch x 3-inch pieces; wrap candies in wax paper. We use LorAnn Oils Twisting Wax Paper. Click Here
Makes 57 caramels
If giving as a gift we suggest using Kraft Candy Favor Boxes Click Here