- 1 (3 lb.) fryer, sectioned
- 2 bunches green onions (shallots) chopped
- 1 can mushrooms (large)
- 1 package sour cream
- 1/4 cup sauterne wine
- 1 stick margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the chicken and brown it in a heavy skillet with one stick of margarine.
- Remove from skillet as each piece browns.
- Add sour cream, finely chopped green onions and onion tops, mushrooms and mushroom liquid. A little water may be added.
- Return chicken, cover, and simmer until chicken is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add wine, cover and simmer about 5 minutes more.
Serve over steamed rice