- 2 cups sourdough starter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl mix the starter, egg, vegetable oil, sugar and vanilla together. Stir in the salt, buckwheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda and ginger.
- Mix until just combined. Adjust consistency with more flour or some water, depending upon how thick your starter is. The batter should be pourable, but not runny.
- Heat a griddle to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease griddle and ladle 1/4 to 1/3 cup of batter onto hot greased griddle.
- Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until top is full of bubbles.
- Use a spatula to turnover and cook other side for and additional 2 minutes or so. Serve hot!